Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

"Energy Drinks"

'Can't stay up the whole day with just 2 cups of coffee alone. 'Gotta have at least one can of Energy Drink at work.
One of the more popular ones is Red Bull but when I'm in a rush, I'd randomly grab any can that has the words "energy drink" stamped on it. On one such day - I was minding my own business, drinking from one of these cans when I noticed a co-worker looking at me in an amused way. Seeing one raised eyebrow, she pointed to the can that I was holding. As I examined it closely, I got kinda embarrassed to see that one of the ingredients prominently displayed on my energy drink was:"HORNY GOAT WEED"Upon further scrutiny, so were the words: "AROUSE",
and "STIMULATE". Duh, Angel...  Thank goodness it was just all false advertisement!   My lesson of the day: "Read All Labels Before Buying Anything!" BTW, in case you're curious to know which one actually works - contrary to the popular belief (Red Bull), it's the Extreme Energy Shot from the Arizona Bev. Co. It tastes a lot like stale sugar water, but that's another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home