Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Summer Day-Camp Ends

During our initial inquiry, P and I were told that this particular Day Camp was accepting enrollment for all kids ages 6 years and above. Since S was almost 6 (she's a few months shy of her 6th b-day), they eventually considered her. Initially, we had a few concerns about how she would handle being the youngest kid in camp. This feeling soon dissipated when we saw her thrive in the company of her peers and caring Counselors.

Well what do you know - in what seemed like a blink of an eye, four weeks is over!

For their last day in Camp, the kids had prepared an hour-long Talent Night Show entitled "A Walk In Time" for their parents and loved ones. The boys stood out in their bright red shirts while the girls wore white, their hair tied back in neat buns.
There was singing, dancing, gymnastics, step performances, guitar playing, and hilarious skits.

One of the evening's crowd pleaser was a lively dance number to the beat of Chris Brown's "Gimme That".
After the program, S requested to pose with two of her favorite Counselors.
Then the Program Director made a surprise announcement that they were presenting 2 Awards (Best Athlete and Best in Arts & Crafts) for each age group.

P and I were both speechless when they called S' name as the recipient of BOTH awards for the 6-7 year-old group!
A few days into camp, she had told us that she was enjoying herself - we simply had no idea it was this much.
(This may seem mundane to some, but do indulge me a bit while I gush. I haven't received any Sports awards/certificates when I was in grade school. Nope - not even for "Perfect Attendance" *sigh*).

Of course, P took the gene credit for the "Creative Jeweler" one. Here's S posing with her proud Dad.

"Gimme That" Video: http://mp.aol.com/video.index.adp?pmmsid=1483983&referer=http%3A//music.aol.com/artist/chris-brown/724933/main&mode=1

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh i know how you feel a! did you cry? hahahaha! i would!:)
it's a shame my kids' camp was cut short due to reasons i don't understand..so they didn't get to have a last day program like last year...glad S had fun in her first time at summer camp? my little boy too was the youngest[4 1/2] and i was in awe how he gets along even with big kids!

10:16 AM  
Blogger Angel said...

lol ces - I didn't wanna lose my cool so I did my best to blink back tears. She attended some days in another Camp last year, but we had to leave for a trip so she wasn't able to finish half of it. I think it's great for the kids - I wish we had these when we were growing up.

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home