Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Starters

I finally woke up from my 3-day "nap".
The party we had last weekend was a lot of fun - although it was also a looot of work.


We were expecting guests to arrive at 7:30 PM but I got so caught up with making my dips (for Chicken Satay and Crab Cakes) that I still had my shower robe on at 7:15!

As what the "Iron Chef" would say: "The pressure is on".

I had a couple of minutes to jump into my dress before the doorman buzzed to announce the arrival of our first guest.
No time for make-up. No time to style my hair.
I grabbed the first hair claw I could find and hastily twisted my hair into a passable bun.

We did one last quick once-over before the doorbell rang:
Light shell candles - check.

Fresh flowers on vase - check.
Wine on rack - check.



Beer in cooler and freezer - check.
Extra cases available - check.
Shot glasses and lemons/limes on hand - check.
Soda - check.
Ice bucket filled with ice - check.

Crudites/Appetizers ready to be served - check.

From top to bottom:
Edamame, Shrimp Cocktail, and platter with cheese sticks, celery sticks, carrot sticks, and pita bread with tsatziki and hummus dips.

Okay, now where's everyone???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home