Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Lobster Ravioli with Seafood Sauce

That lobster ravioli I saw in Behind The Bash with Giada de Laurentiis made my mouth water and I intended to make some (or a semblance of it) for dinner. But with only an hour and a half to go before 7 PM, I decided to go for the short-cut version and made a beeline for the grocery's frozen section.


Ahhhh! Thank heavens for frozen lobster ravioli!
Since this doesn't come with cooking directions, I just dropped them in boiling water until they floated - which was about 12 minutes.


Instead of her vanilla bourbon sauce and celeriac puree, I raided my freezer and pantry to make an easy-peasy seafood one:

1 bottle (8 oz.) clam juice
1 bottle (26 oz.) marinara sauce, or make it with fresh tomatoes
1 can (10 oz) chopped clams, drain
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 pound fresh shrimps, shelled and de-veined
fresh basil and parsley, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
butter or extra virgin olive oil

Saute garlic in onion until golden brown, add the onion and cook till wilted or translucent. Add the shrimps. Saute till pinkish then drop in the chopped clams. Cook for about 3 minutes then pour in the marinara sauce. Cook till sauce becomes bubbly. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil and parsley.

Pour sauce over lobster ravioli. Dinner is done.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi Angel!
i saw this too and I being a Giadda fan, absolutley would love to try this too! lol! looks yum!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hi Ces - with all the carb-loaded goodies that she makes, what I really want to know is the secret in keeping herself so fit and slim (=D!

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home