Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Thursday, December 29, 2005

A Fishy Tale

Fish, anyone?

I love eating fish.
If I could have the chance, I'd cook fish every other day. P. likes eating fish, too. The catch is, he absolutely abhors the smell of fish cooking. He hates the fact that the whole apartment stinks for at least 3 days and the fishy smell sticks and clings to his clothes and jackets. Spraying them with Febreze just seems to make it worse. Oh, and he draws the line to dried fish. The only time I cooked it, he went nuts looking for a rat's carcass in the apartment.

"It's just daing". I tried to explain.
"Dying?! It smells like its DEAD already!" was the reply.
So in short, whenever I crave for dried fish and vinegar, I reach for a jar of Connie's Gourmet Tuyo instead. A week before Christmas, he specifically requested that I not fry fish. Being the ever compromising wifey, I filled up a small saucepan with apple cider, chamomile flowers, cinnamon sticks and whole cloves. Simmered it all throughout the day for days - just to have that "Christmassy" smell infusing our home.
Well honey, Christmas is over. And I want my fish! So I trudged down Chinatown, and got me 10 pounds of porgy and butterfish. Since I can't fry often, I'm frying the whole batch - enough to feed a small army. It's below 50 degrees, all windows are open, the AC is on full-blast, I'm wearing a jacket in the kitchen, and I'm happy as a clam. I'm sure I'm gonna hear a few protests once he gets home - but its his turn to compromise.
Because today, whether he likes it or not -  the fishy smell is going to hit the fan!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home