Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Left-Overs Galore

After my bout with the flu and suffering from some nasty side effects from the antibiotics, I'm happy to say that I'm finally back to me 'ol self! Last night, I decided it was time to face the task of clearing out the fridge. Found half a Pyrex dish of Mac n' Cheese which had passed the "3-day waiting period", a loaf of 7-grain bread which had been sitting idly for a good week, and a couple of kiwis that had passed its prime. These, I discarded.
On the brighter side, there was half a head of lettuce (still crisp), some firm plum tomatoes, a stray white onion, a forgotten unopened tub of sour cream, pint of button mushrooms and... AHA! A half- bottle of red wine.
So yesterday was officially: "Left-Overs Day".
For lunch, I made tacos on hard shells with spicy green tomatillo sauce on the side. For the beef filling, I mixed equal parts of beef chuck with ground sirloin. The fat in the chuck kept it moist and made it tastier. I could make a mean pitcher of Sangria to go with it but I needed to let the fruits (oranges, plums, star fruits, peaches, apples) steep in Riojo for at least a day, so I figured it was too much of a hassle to do. Next time...

Delicioso Tacos!!!

For dinner, it was creamy Beef Bourguignon with red wine sauce paired with some garlic bagel chips. A dash of fresh parsley sprinkled on the top (from S.'s house plant) completed the dish. P. loved this one so much he doggie-bagged the rest to work this morning and suggested I should have "Left-Overs Day" more often!

Beef Bourguignon with Bow-Tie Pasta

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home