Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Crash Low-Carb Diet (1)

It wasnt such a long time ago when it would take a whole window display of flimsy, lacy La Perla undies to make me do a double-take. Nowadays, it's something much more mundane - like a rare package of blemish-free okra from a corner-street vendor. *gasp* Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to the vamp Angel? We'll be taking our first trip of the year in a few weeks to coincide with our 6th Wedding Anniversary. Starting yesterday, I placed myself on a modified high protein, low-carb diet - my way. I have no intention of going back to my pre-motherhood size of 0-2. My goal is simple: to be able to blend in with the beach crowd. In my swimsuit. Without provoking any unwanted gawks and shocked stares. But before anything else, let me set something straight: I'm not an advocate for any one particular diet program. This is not for everyone. If anyone decides to follow this, you are very welcome to do so at your own risk. So with that out of the way, I started with the Two Day Leek-Beef Soup Detox. (Hate cabbage). Soup ingredients: Leeks, Beef chunks, Onion, Spices, Salt, Pepper, Dash of Cayenne. (you can add Celery, Cabbage or Chayote if you want). I made a HUGE pot and am eating this for 2 days. For breakfast, I had the soup mixed with 2 tablespoons of oatmeal
Lunch: Soup with some Leeks
Dinner: Soup with Leeks and pieces of Beef

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home