Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Sunday, October 29, 2006

Hint... Hint...



Every year, my hubby would always ask me what I wanted for my birthday and for Christmas. And every single time, I'd answer that I'll take whatever he gives me. He himself has no qualms in telling me what he wants. His reason was that at least he knows he'll be getting something he really likes.
Well, that particular question is one of my pet peeves.
For me, the best part of receiving a gift is not knowing what's in the box.

Surprise me!!

Now of course, some guys out there should know that there are a few things you shouldn't be giving your wife or girlfriend for her special day unless she specifically asks for these:

#1. Gym membership
#2. Diet books
#3. Sign her up for Zone meal deliveries
#4. Cooking/Kitchen utensils/gadgets (again, not unless she loves cooking)
#5. Exercise machines
#6. Cleaning Appliances

Back to P. - when he finally told me that he intended to get me some new duds for my birthday, I politely declined. Sorry, but straight men simply do not have a clue on how to shop for women. It's not like buying their own clothes where they could just walk in a store, grab a random black L shirt and a pair of 36/33 boot-cut washed pants and then waltz out the door in 10 minutes. With women, its not only about picking the correct size and right color - but the cleavage, the bodice, the lenght, the "tummy-control" factor, and the style has to be perfect as well!
Details. Details. Details.

So anyway, I wanted to end his dilemma (and get him off my back) so I told him to go through my stuff in the bathroom cabinet and get me some beauty products that I had almost used up or looked like they needed to be replaced.
New make-up and maybe a couple of my fave nailpolish would be great.

Instead, I got a whole box of Anti-Wrinkle products.

Deep Collagen Cream, Intensive Recovery Serum, Eye Cream, Purifying Mineral Mask, the whole shebang...
I'm like: Are you trying to tell me something??

Yup, that should be #7 on the list.

Poor P. I guess he could never win.


I did like the 2nd gift better. DK's Gold vaguely reminded me of L'Eau D'Issey by Issey Miyake, one of my fave perfume.
You just can't go wrong smelling like a bouquet of Casablanca Lilies, Jasmine, Acacia (minus the prickly "dangaw-dangaw" caterpillars) and a hint of Patchouli.



Wait a minute...  With the 3rd gift, I guess my hubby did knew me well.
He saved the best one for last!

Well, I should say - he had totally redeemed himself...
So, bring on the anti-wrinkling creams!!
I'll obligingly Slather. Slather. Slather.

2 Comments:

Blogger cheH said...

Hi angel,

Thanks for dropping by & leaving comments in my blog:)

Is your hubby german? it seems typical in this part of the world to always ask what we'd really want as gift for an occasion.I didn't quite like it at first but at least, I'm getting things I truly like now.Somehow, practical lol

3:57 PM  
Blogger Angel said...

Hi cheh - yes, he is. And they do have a point. I found out the hard way when I gave him a surprise 6-month beer membership from a "Beer of the Month Club" for one Father's Day - and then found out during delivery that he won't even try a single bottle of ale!

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home