Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The BEST Cassava Cake Recipe

I had intended to go on a few months hiatus after the birth of my son.  But lo and behold ~ before I knew it, the "months" extended to years. (Can't believe he's turning THREE in a few months!).  This doesn't mean that I stopped cooking.  But instead of blogging my recipes, I just found storing them on my BB easier and much more convenient. 



Anyway, for my first entry in ages, I'm sharing my Cassava Cake recipe.  This is such an easy dessert to make and tastes sooo moist and delectable.  I guarantee: you'll never look at another Cassava Cake recipe again  (I haven't). 


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup granulated sugar
2 large eggs (room temp.)
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1 (13.5 oz.) can coconut milk
3/4 stick unsalted butter, softened
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
2 packs (16 oz./1 lb. each) frozen grated cassava, thawed
1 (12 oz.) bottle coconut sport strings (macapuno) in syrup


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour 1/4 can of condensed milk in a small bowl.  Mix it with 1/4 bottle of coconut sport strings.  Set aside.

Combine all the the remaining ingredients.  Mix well.  Pour in a half sheet baking pan or into a regular 8 x 10 foil baking pan.  Bake uncovered for an hour. 

Spread contents of the small bowl (coconut/milk) evenly over the top of the cassava and bake for an additional 20 - 30 minutes,  or until bubbly and golden brown. 



Serve warm.

6 Comments:

Anonymous ilongga gd said...

hi, thanks for sharing ur super delicious recipe! atlast after searching and searching for the best cassava recipe i found one... ilongga taste buds is the best! - taga miami pero ilongga dyapon :))

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Thank you for sharing this recipe. I baked a pan today - I did it exactly as you described and it turned out soooo good.

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been searching for an easy yet delicious recipe, i think this is it especially that i know its from an ilongga too!! Excited to try this!!!

9:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for this sooo delicious recipe. I made as directed. It was so moist and the sweetness was just right.

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This recipe is perfect! You're kind enough to share this recipe! I luv it! :) thanks angel!

5:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the best cassava cake recipe I ever tried. Thank you so much for sharing, Angel Ilongga. :)

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home