Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Monday, March 06, 2006

Souvenier Shopping

I peeked at P's "list": Tequila, tequila and more tequila. Yup, that's what he bought, plus a box of Havana cigars. He and S don't really share my joy of cheap finds so by noontime, they went back to the hotel to lounge by the pool...

...while I walked around some more to check out the flea markets.


I found a few bargains: shells/colored sand in glass bottles, seashell candles, unique wooden toys, colorful wooden fruit bowls...

...and handmade Mexican dolls (for S' classmates) for $4.00 each. In the stores, the same doll sell for ten bucks apiece!

It was getting dark by the time I made my way back to the hotel, and passed by one of the weirdest tree I have ever seen. It reminded me of a tree in the LOTR's Lorien forest. Yohoooo! Any elfins around?

As soon as I stepped inside our hotel room, I could tell something was wrong by the way P was huddled up in the blanket. It turned out that he had been having the runs since early afternoon, and blamed it on the coleslaw that he had for dinner last night. Poor baby. Fortunately, I was able to purchase some Immodium, Lomotil and Gatorade at the hotel gift shop. Since he was obviously indisposed and unable to go out for dinner, he said it was okay if I took S out to get a bite to eat. He requested we bring him a cheese/ham sandwich when we return. Knowing Plaza Caracol had a lot of fast-food restaurants, I took a quick shower, slapped on a fresh blouse and hopped on a cab with S. I instructed the cab driver to drop us off at the first Mexican restaurant we see - I intended to eat Mexican food on my last night in Cancun! Then he began telling me about a popular restaurant which serves really good Yucatan cuisine. It wasn't anywhere near Plaza Caracol, though. Whatever - since it was our last night, I told him to bring us there ASAP instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home