Steytsayd Ilongga

As the title implies, Angel was born in the Philippines and currently living in NYC. This Personal Journal contains random Recipes of my kitchen "experiments", Food-related events, Good Eats, and of course - lots of Photos. For Family-related posts, Travel notes, and other Miscellanous topics, drop by HTTP://STEYTSAYDILONGGALIWAT.BLOGSPOT.COM. Take a peek at my life... Hey, jump right in!

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, New York City, United States

Catch up on some (mis)Adventures of a fun-loving gal who's making the most out of married life, being a mom, and living it up in the Big Apple.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Steppin' Out: Cafe Wha!, NYC

As if partying in Mexico wasn't enough, I stepped out with a few of my friends for a night of music, Corona beer buckets, Cuervo tequila shots, and aisle dancing last night. P was gracious enough to stay with S while Mama went out to "play". We checked out The Wha?, one of my all-time-fave band perform.

I haven't seen their show in several months, so it sucked that a couple of regular singers/performers (Elan and Jason) weren't there. Still, it wasn't a bad night. They had a few special guest performers: one was Soca singer Joe Barnes (white shirt/black hat) who got everyone grinding their hips with his rendition of the "Dollar Song" and the party classic: "(Feelin') Hot!Hot!Hot!", and then there was this Latino guy who did an uber fantastic rendition of Elvis Crespo's "SuaveMente". I was hoping he'd also sing Juanes' "Camisa Negra" but no such luck.

We ended up at Hopkee Restaurant in Chinatown at around 4:30 AM, scarfing down Pan Fried Flounder, Vegetable Mei Fun (pansit bihon), Pork Chops with Hot Peppers, and Chicken & Corn Soup. The good news was - ...I didn't have any hangover today. The bad news was - ...I lost my 3-month old phone!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home